KIPRED's mission is the promotion and consolidation of democracy and democratic values in Kosovo and in the region through independent research, capacity development and institution building.
- To conduct and develop independent research of public policies in the field of democratic governance, and the regional and international issues as well as security
- To influence the processes of public policy making
- To build accountable public institutions
- To provide lessons learned in peacekeeping, peace-building, institution-building, development and post-conflict transition
- To provide resources for the development of professional research and qualitative analysis of public policies and social sciences.
KIPRED work is based on principle values such as the rule of democratic principles; full impartiality; cooperation with public institutions and citizens' groups to promote democracy; and cooperation with institutions of similar nature, as local, regional and international.